How to Book
1. Why Book Direct with the Owner through Chez Nous?
Booking your holiday home direct with the owner offers a whole host of advantages and is becoming an increasingly popular choice for holidaymakers. Here at Chez Nous, we have been listening to property owners and customers for over 25 years and have built up a reputation as being one of the best in the business. Choice remains a top priority and we continue to offer a huge selection of holiday properties to suit everyone. Our simple to use website has improved search functionality to make finding your perfect holiday home easy and enjoyable.
Value for Money
Booking by email or over the phone direct with the owner can be great value for money as owners can offer much more competitive prices.
One of the great benefits of dealing directly with the owner is the opportunity to find out additional information about a property and its locality. What better way to discover this information than from those that know first hand.
As property owners do not have to follow guidelines set out by an agency or tour operator, they are much more able to offer flexibility to suit individual customers. Whether it’s arrival and departure times that can be negotiated or arriving a day late to miss the weekend traffic, these are all options that you can discuss at the time of booking.
Many of the book direct properties tend to be second homes for families who use them for their own leisure purposes, so they are often full of the little home comforts that will make your stay even more special.
The best of both worlds
If you select a property that is signed up to the easybook service you will be able to secure your chosen property by paying a deposit online. Your selected holiday dates will instantly be displayed as unavailable so they cannot be booked by another Chez Nous customer. On acceptance of the booking by the owner, we will notify you and the payment will be processed. The owner will then contact you directly regarding the booking and you can make any arrangements regarding arrival times or key collection as well as ask any additional information about the property or locality. This offers a superb alternative if you want to make a booking quickly and securely in a hassle free manner.
2. Searching for your holiday property
Chez Nous has designed this site and in particular the search and filter functionality to make finding your perfect holiday property as easy and enjoyable as possible.
From the homepage choose your preferred region using the interactive map or the drop down menu. Properties in your chosen region will be displayed and you can then apply any of the filters listed on the left hand side to find a property to match your exact requirements. If you are left with only a few options to choose from, remove some of the filters that are less important to you.
Know exactly when you want to go away? Add your holiday dates into the availability search from the homepage along with your duration and party size. Then use the filters on the left to help you select a property that meets your most important requirements. There are a lot of filters to choose from, from those that allow pets to those which have air conditioning or are in a coastal location.
3. How do I know what the price will be?
The prices given in the advertisements are per property rather than per person and are for the duration shown. The advertisements should detail whether any extras will be charged locally (linen hire, heating etc), but we recommend that you double check this at the time of booking. Contact details for the owner are given in the advertisement.
4. Who should I direct any queries to?
The beauty of Chez Nous is that the property owner is your main source of information meaning you get the most accurate and thorough information at all times. For any questions or queries you may have, you can contact the owner using the contact details in the advert. Alternatively, if they have a website address listed in their advert, you may find your answer, plus a whole host of additional information.
5. How do I book a property?
There are two ways to book...
Book online with easybook
Many Advertisers have chosen to subscribe to our easybook service. Look out for the easybook symbol in the property details page. These properties allow you to instantly check availability and pay your deposit (or full amount if within 6 weeks) to secure your chosen date/duration online. This takes the property off-sale for everyone else whilst we notify the owner and await their acceptance of the booking. Your balance is then paid directly to the owner.
- Once you have checked the dates and the duration for the property you are interested in, you can then click the 'book' button. You will then need to complete all the requested details and pay the full amount for any arrivals within 6 weeks or the deposit amount specified (+VAT) for those outside of 6 weeks.
- This payment will be pre-authorised instantly online using a credit or debit card, but payment will not actually be taken until the booking has been approved by the owner.
- The owner will then by contacted on your behalf and informed of the pending booking. Upon acceptance of the booking by the owner, your payment will be processed and you will be notified of the acceptance by email.
- If your booking is declined, you will be notified and no payment will be taken. You will then be able to search for alternative properties.
- Payment for the remaining balance should be sent directly to the owner on the date specified and you will then be sent directions and key collections details.
Please see full terms and conditions
Book direct via telephone or email
If you choose a property that does not display the easybook logo, follow the process below:
- Make a shortlist of the properties you are interested in - don't forget to check whether they have availability for the dates and duration you are interested in. Make a note of the prices.
- Contact the advertiser using the 'Contact Owner' button on the advert and fill in all the requested details. If you prefer to telephone the owner, use the telephone number provided on the advert, but remember to give all the relevant dates, duration and party details. Remember, most advertisers are private individuals so calls in the evening or at weekends may be more effective.
- If the property is available, you can make a provisional booking. You must then send the advertiser your payment along with written confirmation of your booking details and party size. Payment types will vary per advertiser/owner and are likely to be either personal cheque, credit card or by paypal.
- Ensure your confirmation is acknowledged and that you receive a receipt for your deposit. You will now have formed a contract with the owner/advertiser and you must ensure you are happy with the terms of rental set out by them.
- You will need to confirm with the owner when they require the final balance and this must be paid directly to them (and not Chez Nous).
6. Can I book my travel through Chez Nous?
We have now partnered with key travel suppliers online to offer specially negotiated rates via our Travel link from the homepage. This means that although Chez Nous can no longer book ferries on a customers behalf, customers will still get access to some amazing deals. Simply click on the travel link to access some of the cheapest fares around.
7. Arriving at your property
Once you have paid for the balance of your property, you will receive the directions and the key collection details from the owner. Always keep the key collection details secure and keep the contact numbers handy should you need them.